- SU2C Celebrates Survivorship! 6 Ways to Honor the Survivor in Your Life
- NASCAR Stands Up In Memory of Steve Byrnes
- Meet the Newest SU2C Dream Teams: Lung and Ovarian Cancer
- Climb for Cancer
- Miss New Hampshire USA: Thriving After Loss
- The Second Leading Cancer Killer You Can Help Prevent
- A motherless daughter and phone calls to heaven
- SU2C Summit 2015: Scientists Share and Celebrate Progress
- How to Take Action on World Cancer Day
- SU2C Scientific Summit 2015
- May, 2015
- April, 2015
- March, 2015
- February, 2015
- January, 2015
- December, 2014
- November, 2014
- October, 2014
- September, 2014
- August, 2014
- June, 2014
- May, 2014
A new cancer is diagnosed every 20 seconds in the United States.
Every minute, one person in the US dies from cancer.
There are more than 200 different types of cancer.
This year, approximately 1.65 million Americans will be diagnosed with cancer and about 585,720 will die of the disease.
...that in 2014, cancer will be the leading cause of death in the world?
Cancer accounts for nearly 1 of every 4 deaths in the US.
A one percent reduction in cancer deaths would be worth $500 billion, almost 2.5 times what the U.S. spends each year on the disease.